• Salary Range: $12.32-$18.70
• Hiring Range: $12.32-$15.51
• The Lifeguard is responsible for the prevention of drowning, injury and other injuries from occurring.
• Candidates must be able to ensure the safety of patrons by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors.
• This person will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations.
• Current certifications in: American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
• Recognize and effectively respond to emergency situations and perform lifesaving procedures. • Actively scan and monitor the pool area at all times when on duty.
• Communicate and enforce all pool rules and policies.
• Maintain a positive rapport with the public by providing high quality customer service to all customers, answer questions, explain and communicate with them in a professional manner.
• Inspect facilities for cleanliness and assist with regular maintenance of pool, deck, and locker rooms. • Complete administrative duties, as directed, including attendance and chemical logs, incident reports, participant certificates, and other paperwork as necessary (Manager/Assistant Manager)
• Attend and participate in regular in-service trainings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Frequent interruptions and heavy public contact.
• Required to work variable hours including some mornings, afternoons, early evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Sign in members and guests
• May be exposed to loud noises, bodily fluids, cleaning solutions, dust, and fumes.
• Vision to perform physical activities, read computer screens and keyboards, as well as reference books and other written documents.
• Strength and stamina to stand, sit, walk, stretch, lift, bend, and carry up to 50 lbs